Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Confessional

I won't make excuses for myself. I fell off the wagon. I convinced myself that I was doing so great on Dr. A's program that I could cheat a little and it wouldn't make a difference. Well, it did.

I'll give you the nutshell version of my last 2 weeks: a funeral, field day, my youngest daughter's dance recital (I was class mom), last day of school, a birthday party and a baptism for my oldest. In all this, I kept very well to the schedule set up by Dr. A, eating small meals every 2 or 3 hours to keep my metabolism up, but I fell quickly back into my old habits. My food choices weren't healthy. And my great surprise was how tired I started getting again, every afternoon. I was a bit more short-tempered with my girls. I gained those 4 lbs. back. :o(

So here it is now, 4 p.m., my worst time of the day. I started eating the right way again this morning, and this is my witching hour, when I'm normally most tired, most hungry, on my shortest fuse. Today? I feel just fine! Better than I have in 2 weeks, in fact. I'm hoping I can quickly lose what I regained, but I've learned that I really can't expect a quick fix. The book is about changing to a healthy, happy lifestyle, not a quick fix.

~juli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to encourage you. I have found that during emotional or busy times it is easy for me to fall of the wagon. I hope you keep going and keep working that weight off. Im doing TSFL and have lost 30 lbs total.
Check out my blog:
http://supermatris.wordpress.com/