Thursday, June 19, 2008

Plugging Along

You know what I just realized today? I haven't had any issues with heartburn since I started eating Dr. A's way. Three weeks now, and not a single bout of heartburn! Usually I get a little heartburn when I lay down for the night. I would toss and turn, get up a half hour later, pop a few Tums, and then go to sleep. I haven't had any trouble falling asleep, and I haven't taken a single Tums this whole time. I'm stoked!

I'm adapting to implementing his tips into everyday life. I'm so on task at home, but we went away for last weekend (my family enjoyed the perfect summer weekend at Bear Lake.) We were with several other families in someone else's vacation cottage, and all the food they brought was absolute junk. Chips. Hot dogs. Nachos. Sugary soda. I brought a little bit of healthy food with us, but it didn't last me the entire weekend. I did indulge in one s'more (bad Juli!) but I didn't gain any weight back over the weekend, so now I'm down 4 lbs. total. If I eat exactly the way Dr. A describes in the book, he says we can lose 2-5 lbs. per week. I've been holding at 2 lbs. a week, which is healthy and definite progress! I'm going to focus more this week and see if I can lose 5. I can introduce exercise back in this week, since I've given my body time to adjust to my new reduced calorie intake. I'm hoping that will help me reach my goal to lose 5 lbs. this week, and finally get me under the 200 mark.

Wish me luck! ~Juli

No comments: