Saturday, June 28, 2008

When you fall down, get back up

Look, it wasn't my fault. Well, I guess it was. But we had driven 2 hours over to a co-worker's home on the Chesapeake Bay, and it was an office picnic, and then it was another 2 hours before the food was ready, and I was starving by that time, and it just would have been impolite not to eat it, right? I mean, the fried chicken, the baked beans, the corn on the cob, and -- and you had to have seen it -- a 7-inch high chocolate cake. It was just too much to handle. And then, realizing I really had blown it anyway, the hostess came around and insisted I have seconds.

Which explains why I have not made any blog entries in 2 weeks -- shame.

But that was 2 weeks ago, and I have been pretty consistently good about things since, and am now down 5 pounds from the 170 I started at, and am back on track. My wife and I have been walking in the evenings, and that helps, too.

I do have a couple of challenges, and one is drinking the right amount of water. That water is going to go someplace, and it means a lot of trips down the hall at work, past the receptionist, to the men's room, back past the receptionist, back up the hall, etc. And then there are the meetings, which sometimes come after 3 or 4 glasses of water. As I say, this is a challenge!
-- Hank in VA

No comments: